top of page


If you have had an accident or suffered an injury or if you have suffered loss or injury as a result of misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis or poor or inadequate treatment then you may be entitled to make a claim for compensation. Fidelma Barry, solicitor, can help you evaluate whether you are entitled to compensation for the loss and injury you have suffered.


If you intend to make a claim for an injury or loss you must do so within time limits set down by law. It is in your interests to bring a claim as quickly as possible and we can help you establish the time limit for bringing your case.


We will guide you through the legal process of making a claim for compensation and we will explain each step as it progresses. We will process your case efficiently and fully and we will up-date you frequently on the progress of your case.

The first step in all injury claims is to make an application for assessment to the Injuries Board (formerly known as the Personal Injuries Assessment Board or PIAB).


We can help you in preparing and making an application to the Injuries Board and we can advise you on the adequacy of any assessment of compensation made by the Injuries Board and whether you should accept or reject same and proceed to Court.


In cases where the Injuries Board does not make an assessment or where you reject the assessment amount, the Injuries Board will issue an authorisation permitting you to proceed to Court.


We will advise you on all the steps involved in bringing a case before the Courts. This may involve engaging experts for the purposes of helping to establish the extent of your injuries and the impact on your mobility and ability to work. It may also be necessary to have experts examine the scene of the accident and/or any equipment and the extent of present and future loss of earnings. We work with many experts in these fields.


If you would like more information on progressing a claim for compensation or if you would simply like to have an initial preliminary assessment/advice please contact us at

Our Team Can Help With The Following:

Road traffic accidents
Accidents in public places
Trip and fall accidents
Accidents at work
Accidents on farms
Medical negligence claims

* In contentious business, a solicitor may not calculate fees and other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement.


Frequently Asked Questions

What is a Public Liability Claim?

If you have an accident or suffer a personal injury whilst on public property which was not your fault then you may be entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim.

Is there a time limit for making a personal injury claim?

There are strict time limits for making a personal injury claim. In Ireland, the statute of limitation is two years and therefore all cases must be commenced within two years from the date of the accident.

bottom of page